Bergen Design Festival 2017
– 10 days of design beyond inspiration
22 September – 1 October 2017
Bergen Design Festival is an annual gathering celebrating the great workings of design and showcasing creatives from the region across fields and diciplines. During the week of the festival, a range of events are taking place all across Bergen – morning design talks, exhibitions, workshops and other cultural events.
One of the hightlights of the week is the Conference, in 2017 taking place on Tuesday 26 September. Featuring internationally renowned speakers from the design world, the conference celebrates – and increases people’s awareness of – the many qualities of design; as useful, innovative, beautiful and a driver of change towards a more inclusive and sustainable society.
For 2017, Bergen Design Festival explores the theme Dare to experiment, and the four subthemes:
- Society & sustainability
- New business models
- Materials & prototyping
- Strategic leadership
- 22 September: Official opening
- 22 – 30 September: Bergen Design Mornings – daily morning talks
- 26 September: Bergen Design Conference
- 29 September: Party time!
Get ready to experience new sensations, gain fresh insight and be inspired.
Welcome to Bergen Design Festival 2017!
Bergen Design Festival
- Norway’s only design festival hosted annually since 2010
- Showcasing the best of regional and Norwegian design
- Design conference with international speakers
- Morning design talks talking place throughout the festival
- Prototype pop-up shop
- Great, regional food
- In the center of Bergen, Norway
Previous conference speakers include:
- Stefan Sagmeister (Sagmeister & Walsh)
- Dr. Patricia Moore (“The Mother of Empathy”)
- Richard Seymour (Seymourpowell)
- Michael Pawlyn (Exploration)
- Boyan Slat (The Ocean Cleanup)
- Gunnhild Stordalen (EAT Foundation)
- Ravi Naidoo (Interactive Africa)
- John Thackara
- Aja Guldhammer (Airbnb)
- Tomorrow Machine
- Lorna Ross (Mayo Clinic)
- Jessica Z. Kessin (Capital One)
- Uffe Elbæk
- Björn Myreze (Myreze)
- Andreas Engesvik
Bergen Design Festival works to promote Norwegian designers in Norway and abroad. The festival is a meeting place for established and aspiring designers, a venue that recognises the work of designers and encourages the appreciation of Norwegian design at home and internationally.